• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 small onion,sliced
• 1 pound of fresh Oyster Mushrooms, shreded
• 4 cloves of minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of vegan worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
• corn tortillas
• 1 diced jalapeño if you’d like it spicy
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Toss the shreded mushrooms in the cumin, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread them evenly on a baking tray.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400°F until the mushrooms are chewy with crispy ends. Stir at 10 minutes for even cooking.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil along with the onion, garlic and jalapeño(optional). Sauté them until soft and lightky caramelized. (8-10 minutes)
5. Add the baked mushrooms,orange juice and vegan worcesterchire sauce.Include salt and pepper. Sauté until the juice is absorbed, stirring just once or twice to allow the mushrooms to crips on a couple of sides. (5 minutes)
6. Add the mix to the tortillas and enjoy your Taco Mushroom Carnita.