• 10 oz Shrimp optional*
• 2 cups of cooked Rice
• 5 cups fresh Mushrooms, sliced
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 3 oz carrot
• 1 oz scallion
• 1 teaspoon of butter
• 1 large plantain
1. Make sure you have all the ingredients on this list!
2. Cool your rice first as it will take the longest
3. Place a light saucepan over medium heat. Stir in a little of the oil your mushrooms to remove the excess of water for 6 minutes.
4. After you finish stir-frying the mushrooms, put them aside.
5. Place a light saucepan over medium heat. Take 2 cloves of garlic and stir-fry
them with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil for 4 minutes.
6. Add the chopped carrot and scallion into the saucepan, also add the soy
sauce, salt, and pepper to your taste. Add your mushrooms and 1 teaspoon of
butter, cook everything together for extra 7 minutes.
7. As you stir-fry your ingredients, take your yellow plantain, and cut it into
slices. Then, fry them in oil for about 5 minutes each side.
8. Finally, put rice on a plate, on top of it, add the mushrooms and shrimp
(optional) on the side.
9. For an extra touch we invite you to try part of our Ecuadorian heritage, add a
cooked yellow plantain as it is a perfect complement to your dish.