$15.00 – $25.00
Shiitake (mycology as Lentinus edodes)
Benefits (reference below):
- Provides you with clear & glowing skin
- Promotes a healthy and efficient liver
- Lowers your cholesterol
- Improves your digestion
- Increases immune cells
- Protein 13-18%
- Fiber 6-15%
Vetter (1995) discovered the caps had 15.24% protein while stems had 11%
Shiitake contains 7 of the 9 essential amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and must be consumed from outside sources as the human body does not produce them.
Shiitake also contains a host of essential enzymes like amylase and cellulose, both of which aid in indigestion.
A great source of vital minerals magnesium and potassium, and crucial vitamins B&D.
Medical properties: https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/lentinan
The Shiitake mushroom is one of the few ways in which your body can obtain Lentinan.
Lentinan is a type of sugar molecule called 1,3 beta glucan-In laboratory tests, lentinan does not kill cancer cells directly. Instead, it enhances the immune system, which is scientifically and medically proven to aid in slowing the growth of tumors.
Other medical and scientific studies have demonstrated:
- Lentinan kills viruses and microbes directly in laboratory studies.
- Lentinan is especially powerful in combating the effects of HIV and liver disease. Lentinan improves your skin appearance and greatly reduces chronic acne or persistent breakouts
- Lentinan lowers your cholesterol by inhibiting the absorption of cholesterol in the bloodstream
Shiitake dermatitis(rash): Patterns of whiplike, linear, erythematous wheals within 1 to 2 days after consumption of raw or even cooked shiitake mushrooms caused by toxic reactions to lentinan, which typically resolve within days to weeks of their appearance Memorial Solan Kettering Cancer Center – mskcc.org
Bisen, P. S., Baghel, R. K., Sanodiya, B. S., Thakur, G. S., & Prasad, G. B. K. S. (2010). Lentinus edodes: a macro fungus with pharmacological activities. Current medicinal chemistry, 17(22), 2419-2430.